Monday, March 31, 2008

I Count My Blessings

I count my blessings. I thank God today first and foremost, for my wonderful family, whom I too often take for granted. I thank God for my amazing friends, who are always there to help us before we can even form the words on our mouths to ask for the help. And they go above and beyond that call, and help in ways that truly leave me in awe. I am thankful for our dogs, that they can love so unconditionally. I am thankful for the flowers pictured above, given to me by my beaming, proud, red headed son. If I wasn't enjoying the pure perfection and love of the moment when he presented me with these freshly picked flowers, I would have snapped a picture. But there are some memories we can only hold in the photo albums of our hearts. We found this "vase" and the flowers made it almost a week. And not once did I pass them without smiling. I am thankful for my husband who is my rock and my best friend in only ways that he can truly know and understand. Here's another picture of the joy I get to experience everyday. My sweet miracle, cuddling with me on the couch last week. I believe we were watching the Bee movie for the 25th time (a present from the Easter Bunny). So, I apologize that I'm way behind on blogging, but I'm just temporarily away. Counting my blessings.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

beautifully written. praying for you daily!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Vrabecs said...

We all could take some more time out of our lives to count our blessings. Thanks for helping me take a minute to be thankful for the little things in life.

PS...we will be waiting patiently for new posts when you are ready ;)

Also....that last deleted comment was actually from me, sorry!!

momto2boys said...

What an important thing to take time doing... I need to take a page out of that book. Love ya! Miss ya! Hope that you have a fantastic time with the hubby on your "getaway".
BIG HUG

Tammi

Debbie said...

Sam,
I meant to leave a comment earlier on your blog to thank you for the wonderfully nice things you said. You are such a kind spirited person, I thought your post was very on point. Thank you for saying things that we all think, but sometimes don't take the time to express. You have such a great sense of what family and friends are all about. Take care,

Debbie Cumings

Rumour Miller said...

Counting blessings is always a good reason for being away....