Sunday, June 14, 2009

Proudly Introducing...

Joseph Xavier (Baby "A"). After completing the Beth Moore Patriarch's Bible study, I fell in love with the story of Joseph in Genesis. I was moved by his wisdom, patience, kindness and ability to forgive and love, not to mention put all his trust in God. And of course, his birth moved me: "Then God remembered Rachel; he listened to her and opened her womb; She became pregnant and gave birth to a son...She named him Joseph and said, 'May the Lord add to me another son.'"Genesis 30:22-25, NIV. Joseph is also Brian's maternal grandfather's middle name. Xavier is Brian's fraternal grandfather's midCheck Spellingdle name.

In the second picture, you can see his hair is blondish, full head of it, and it is unbelievably soft and addicting to stroke! And Daniel Ley (Baby "B"). Daniel is a name we've loved for a long time. In the Bible Daniel was put in a pit of lions because he was praying to our Lord. But God protected him and not a hair was harmed on his head. Can you imagine how much trust you would have to have in the Lord? We try to gather this same strength as we face the coming days. And we give Daniel over to God, as we pray that he will protect him. Ley, as most of you probably know, is my maiden name. As you can see, Daniel is beautiful (in my humble opinion) even with all the IV's. In the second photo, it was my first time able to hold him (Saturday)! Brian and I were both able to hold him again today! As far as surgery, they are shooting for tomorrow afternoon. If an emergency surgery becomes necessary for another child or the surgeon's morning surgery goes longer, it will be pushed back a day. Daniel is definitely a fighter! It's very surreal to be "visiting" our baby and thanking the amazing staff for taking such good care of him. That sounds so cliche, but the nurses and doctors are incredible and so kind. Please pray for Daniel tonight and into tomorrow as he can't eat (he has an IV with fluids and calories, but his stomach has to be empty). He loves his pacifier and I'm grateful for that. I told him today how many of you love him and how we promise to make up for lost time. As you can imagine, Brian and I could use prayers for strength and peace with all of this. We still feel so grateful for both of these beautiful boys and of course, for our oldest, who is just the best big brother ever. I have some cute stories and pics of Nolan, too...he is truly so excited about his baby brothers. Well, Joseph is hungry, so I am going to feed him. Thanks for all the prayers and love! XOXO!

9 comments:

Genest Family said...

Sam, the are so beautiful!! Congratulations again! I can't imagine the up's & down's you are feeling right now. We are thinking of you and wishing you all the best. Can't wait to catch up with you again ... take care.

Lisa said...

They are beautiful Sam! Marshall was excited to see "Nolan's babies"!! haha All of you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Mandy C. said...

SWEET baby boys! We can't wait for all of you to get home so we can love on them!

The Vrabecs said...

Yay pictures!!! They are both absolutely adorable! I can't imagine the emotions you guys have been going through the past few days. Even with all the mental preparation you could never be ready to deal with the situation you are facing. The good thing is, you have so many people praying for you all and especially Daniel. God will see all of you through this, He has a plan. We love you all so much and continue to pray for you. Please keep us posted on how things develop.

Katie said...

The boys are both SO beautiful! I cannot believe how big they both were for being twins! You go girl!!! My prayers are with you everyday! Miss you!

Lauren said...

Please know that I am praying for you and the babies. They are beautiful babies and name choices! I know that God is in your corner and will help you to stay strong.

Bethalow said...

Oh Samantha and Brian,
Congrats and what wonderful news! The prayers will continue to come from our direction and we will keep an eye out here for the latest news. They are beautiful and I LOVE their names and how they came about.
Take care God Bless,
the daane's

Erin said...

Sam- I don't know if you remember me (babyonbrain) from peach- Congratulations- your boy are beautiful! They share a birthday with my twins- Alden and Chloe who just turned two! The beginning is hard work but the payoff is so incredibly worth it! Please let me know if you need anything at all!

Rumour Miller said...

OMG! I was away and missed this... congratulations!