Monday, February 22, 2010

Girls Weekend!!

For close to a year now plans have been in the works for a girls weekend away in Las Vegas. We have the opportunity to meet the best people, but then of course, we all move away from each other. This was a great way to get some of us together. There were 7 of us total, all military wives and 6 are moms so we were leaving hubbies to play Mr. Mom. I was scheduled to arrive in Vegas at 10:30 AM on Friday. And then snow hit the south for the first time in like 10 years and my plans were not so definite. I think later I'll do a whole post on my travel experience, because it really was crazy. I did make it to Vegas on Saturday by 4, in time for dinner and the show (this would be way too late for my liking, but most Delta agents assured me they could NOT get me to Vegas until Sunday evening so I really did feel really grateful)!! We had a great time, going out to eat, dancing, shopping and catching up. Even if I would have gotten there on Friday I think the time would have gone too quickly, I just love being with the girls. The best part, though, was coming home to my boys, all 4 of them. Brian is amazing and was so supportive of this trip and my taking a break, which helped ease my mommy guilt of leaving the kids behind. He did great and has taken lots of time to tell me since what a hard job I have and how grateful he is, which is the nicest thing ever in the whole wide world to hear!
Friday night I tried to make the best of it. I had some dinner watching the snow fall from the airport (reminding myself how much I love snow and hadn't seen it in 4 years), reading a book and having a glass of wine:
Here's the group of us at dinner Saturday at the Venetian: L-R: Michelle, Me, Kristen, Kim, Becca, Staci & Cheyna:
Now its officially a girls trip...we have jello shots...watch out!
Kim, Cheyna and I cuttin a rug:
Chey and I:
At the Bellagio for the water show:
The Birthday Girls, Kim & Cheyna!!!
These guys were hilarious, I assumed they were in a show, but they would neither confirm nor deny that, but I had to get a picture anyway...love them cowboys!
XOXO,

3 comments:

The Kendall Family said...

such a great weekend!!! was wonderful to see you again and can't wait to see you as you drive through!!

Rumour Miller said...

So awesome! I want to do that some day!

I feel so guilty leaving the hubby behind.

The Vrabecs said...

It certainly didn't feel like we got enough time to catch up, but it was great seeing you and I had so much fun! Its time to start planning the next trip soon!