Friday, March 11, 2011

Grandpa D.

I could not say it better, so I am borrowing my big brothers words of farewell to our grandfather.
Today we mourn the loss of a great man, Jack, family man, tail gunner in WWII, business entrepreneur, all around super grandpa. Jack is survived by 4 children, 7 grandchildren, 16 great grand children and 1 great great grandchild. You will be missed Grandpa, love you always. 1922-2011.

I am really blessed to have such special memories of Grandpa. I'm also very blessed that Brian is such a huge supporter of family and insisted I return for the memorial service. It means the world to me. I'm all around blessed to also have friends who helped Brian with the boys here in Boston and family in St. Louis (mostly big brother Jack) who carted me around and took care of me. I know Grandpa is in a very special place with Grandma and I imagine them getting the pool ready in Heaven for a reunion we will all someday have, basking in the sun, worry-less and pain free, surrounded by all whom we love and those that love us.

These are from last October, the last time I saw Grandpa. I hold this visit so close to my heart because he was able to meet the twins, see Nolan and was even making jokes and laughing.
Grandpa had a military funeral, so even though I'm sure it would have been anyway, it was a tear jerker.
Grandpa's four children. Aunt Dee, Aunt Jeanne, Dad & Aunt Terri: (More pictures of the visit in a post to come...)
Photobucket

No comments: