Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pop Pop and Uncle Jack

In September, my dad and my brother flew to Boston to visit us...we had so much fun (but we missed you, Grammy)!! Nolan was so so excited and it took the twins a mere 5 minutes to feel the same way about Pop Pop and Uncle Jack. On the first full day they were there I hired a babysitter so we could take them on a tour of the city kid free...we missed the boys, but figured it would be the easiest way to see the most. Its amazing how those cuties can slow you down. Of course, I think dad would have welcomed a bit of slowing down...here is Dad, Jack and Brian toasting at the brewery right by Fenway! Our tour of Fenway park. Such a cool tour...and they give a military discount! Dad and I in the announcer box. I felt pretty cool, obviously. The following day we went back downtown after Nolan was out of school to see the North End and do a bit more touristy stuff. We were only able to get my dad out the door again by promising no more public transportation! :) Pop Pop with Joseph & Daniel.
Since Jack's a firefighter, the boys were able to get an upclose look at the firetruck at the North End (but none of my pics really turned out). Reason #101 why Nolan adores Jack:
Joseph & Jack:
Eating at Pizzeria Regina, which came highly recommended. I now crave this pizza weekly...luckily there is one at the mall, but the North End one was so perfect!
Nolan and Pop Pop:
Uncle Jack & Nolan. I'm not kidding after they left, Nolan and I were in a funk for days.
Photobucket

1 comment:

The Vrabecs said...

Looks like you had a fantastic visit!