Thursday, August 24, 2006

Trip to Melbourne

Last week Nolan and I decided (fairly last minute) to join Brian on his TDY to Melbourne, FL, which is about 45 min to an hour past Orlando (east of it). Bri was originally going to fly, but with all the hullabaloo with the airlines, he decided to drive. When they booked him a suite on the beach Nolan and I just couldn't pass it up. It was a 7 hour drive and I must say Nolan did excellent both ways. On the way home he was pretty fed up by the time we were home, but I can't say that I blame him. I sat in the back much of the time and played with him, so hopefully that helped. Guess where we dined for dinner on our way there? STEAK N SHAKE!! It was awesome!! MMM....so good when it touches the lips! Even Nolan sampled my strawberry shake and was impressed! The first full day we were there Brian worked a long day, but we were still able to enjoy a great dinner at a local Mediterrian place. While Brian was at work Nolan and I went swimming in the pool and then later walked on the beach together. While Nolan napped, I finally tackled something I have been meaning to do for months...SCRAPBOOKING! And might I add I am HOOKED! I love LOVE LOVE it!!! So all my seasoned scrapbooking pals (Lindsey, Kim, Beth, Keelee) watch out..I will be calling you for help! I think I am even going to take a couple classes at the local scrap book store. Anyway, Thursday Brian didn't work as long, and its a good thing because we had big plans for that night. I'll explain in the next post. For now, here are some pics from our hotel room: Here's Little Man, checking out the view:

Here's a morning view of the water from our balcony:

3 comments:

Bethalow said...

Yeah! If only you had started scrappin' a little sooner! Hee Hee! Glad you had a great time!

Kim and Matt said...

I'm jealous!! The pics are so beautiful :) Can't wait to see more!

Mom Mc said...

We see Nolan is in his favorite spot at the window. The view is great!