Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December Nolanisms

  • At our church service they have a "children's moment" after the first song and after that the kids go to a special children's service. But the kids have to be 4, so we always naturally took Nolan to nursery when we got there. Then we saw some other parents of 2 and 3 year olds who kept their kids with them so they could hear the children's moment and then they took them to nursery. We agreed it would be a great thing to start doing. So, Nolan has been pretty excited, but apparently thought during church we would physically see Jesus and God. One Sunday he kept asking, "is that God? Where's God? Where's Jesus?" Then the song was over and the church got queit. It was that moment that Nolan pointed at Paul, the music minister, the one with the guitar, and said, "IS THAT JESUS?" I'm so relieved God has a sense of humor (and that those around us did, too).
  • A few days after we returned from Disney Nolan and I were eating lunch together. He was munching on an apple and asked, "Will this make me bigger?" And I said, "Yes, it will make you big and strong." He paused. "Then I can be big and ride the big brown roller coaster?"
  • Nolan was very concerned that the cookies and milk we left for Santa would be eaten by the dogs. This is mostly due to the fact that in his "Olivia" Christmas book the dog does eat the cookies and drink Santa's milk. We had to reassure him that the dogs would be asleep too and the cookies and milk were for Santa only!
  • Nolan told Brian he had to cut his hair off so it could grow back red.
  • This morning Nolan asked me if he could have some snacks. I told him, "No, we're going to have lunch in a little bit." Pause. Then he said to me, "If you don't give me snacks, I'll poop my pants." After I pooped my pants with surprise I had quite the stern talking to with little mister. There were no snacks and no pooping of the pants, just in case you were wondering. I even got an unforced apology!

1 comment:

Tammi hall said...

Okay the church thing is too funny...Evan does the same thing this past Sunday they had a baptism and Evan kept saying...look it is baby Jesus... ( too much nativity stories) I think it got confused in his head! :)

I should steal Cheyna and your ideas on this.... :) Love it!

Tammi

P.S. I am going to try to call tomorrow if you are around...

Happy New Year friend!