Thursday, April 30, 2009

April's Nolan Says the Darndest Things

  • Brian and Nolan were outside in the yard and Brian asked Nolan if he heard that sound. Nolan said, "Yeah, its the squirrels" (it was). Brian asked Nolan what he thought the squirrels were doing. "Making Dinner." Brian said, "Oh really? What are they making?" Nolan confidently answered, "Coconuts."
  • Cheyna took Nolan and Abby to lunch one afternoon. When it was time to pay, Nolan looked at the money and asked if he could have some. Cheyna laughed and said, "No, you have to get a job to earn money." Nolan looked at her and said, "But I do have a job! I make dinner!"
  • Whenever I get frustrated with Nolan he says, "Hey, don't blow your whistle!" We have no idea where he gets that phrase...a cartoon? Another kid? It's a mystery, but if I figure it out I'll let you know. In the meantime, it cracks me up!
  • I saw a friend of mine, Lindsey, at the store and I said, "Hey stranger!" We chatted and then later Nolan wanted to know who "Stranger" was. He kept asking, "Where is stranger?" So then at dinner he told Brian I had been talking to a "stranger." We attempted to explain the stranger concept, but now he's totally confused because I used in reference to a friend. Oy vey, this kiddo is so literal!

1 comment:

Rumour Miller said...

That is so cute!