Monday, May 31, 2010

May Nolanisms (and more....)

This month Nolan must have done a thousand things that had us rolling, but I was terrible at recording them. So annoyed with myself! But I'm also including some updates on all three boys. I also need to think of a new name for these monthly updates...

  • Nolan was very excited about taking me to dinner for my birthday. He came upstairs while I was doing my hair and said, "Mooooom. You are going to be so happy about what I got you for your birthday. Its big and square and flat and its your faaavorite." (he motioned his arms in a big square). I thought it was a card, but he was referring to the dollar that he insisted Brian put in my card from Nolan. At dinner, when I opened it, he told me, "Mom, that is for your piggy bank. It's all for you!!"
  • Nolan is great at stores these days. He will completely entertain the twins, until they laugh so hard I think they may puke! The only down side is sometimes he gets too wild and loud, but its so funny to hear him say, "Peekaboo!" and then hear the twins belly laughing. We're quite a sight, I imagine.
  • Nolan and Brian went on a city tour, while the twins and I decided to stay back and shop since it was in the 90's that day. Anyway, at dinner that night I was telling them how a little girl at the store was enthralled that we had two babies. Nolan's face dropped and he said, "Mom, did you tell her you have 3 babies?" I assured him that every single person I talked to knew the boys had an older brother (which is true)!
  • Obviously, the "3 babies" thing is an issue with Nolan, because at the grocery store with me he kept telling strangers. "We have three kids, I'm the older brother and I have two baby brothers."
  • Nolan told some girl at a restaurant, "I'm almost a daddy."
  • So, apparently Nolan is flirting with the talent of lying. Recently he found a child safety door handle and put it on his bathroom. However, I thought Brian did and Brian thought I did it, both thinking that was strange for Nolan to be unable to get into his bathroom and go potty. When we realized neither of us did it, we asked Nolan. He wove quite the tale, but has the worst poker face imaginable. Finally, after he stuck to his story (to the point I thought maybe I HAD put it on myself) he admitted he had done it in order to keep the babies safe because they like playing by/near the tub and toilet! I just think its funny of all things to lie about, why lie about keeping your brothers safe??
  • Joseph can now also do the sign for "milk" and asks for "milk" and "more" all day long!
  • Daniel raises his hands when we ask "how big is Daniel?"
  • Daniel surprised us, happily, with crawling on all fours, during one of our many hotel stays on our way here. Up until then he army crawled, and the physical therapist was a bit concerned he may go from that to walking. We're super happy!
  • Both boys cruise alot still. They fight over the walker toy constantly. Joseph has taken a few steps solo here and there, but has no interest in walking on his own.
  • The twins eat just about anything...and everything. I think the only thing left to introduce is Peanut Butter. They were eating homemade baby food up until we left and then we were at the first restaurant and decided to order them a meal to share. They devoured it! So now when we're out they share cheeseburgers, grilled cheese, chicken and more. Same at dinner at home, they pretty much eat what we eat, and they eat ALOT of it. I think they definitely eat more at this age than Nolan did, but then again I had Nolan on baby food until he was well past a year.

XOXO,

1 comment:

Mom Mc said...

Gramma and PawPaw can't hardly wait to see the 3 little rag-a-muffins. Love ,hugs and kisses to all!!!!!