Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November Kid-Isms

NOLANISMS-
  • Nolan was having a talk with his friend about teacher names and said, "My teachers name is Miss Tobin, but that's not her real name, thats her teacher name."
  • During prayers one night, what seemed out of the blue to me, he prayed that "Tootsie would get more ornaments for Christmas." When I said that was a sweet prayer he said, "Well she just has ONE ornament. Its sad, she's a good girl."
  • On the same note, Tootsie is often like a 4th kid (I should have Tootsie-isms, involving what she managed to swipe and eat)...anyway, I told Nolan I was going to send Tootsie off to live with the elves and he said, "NO!! I love her too much." (She sleeps with him most of the night, most nights)
  • Nolan still calls instructions, "Re-structions."

JOSEPH & DANIEL-ISMs-

  • Joseph will get heartbroken if he wants to play trains with Danny and D doesn't want to. He usually cries his eyes out, but sometimes he'll shove Daniel and say, "Play trains!!"
  • After the recent switch to big boy beds, the boys have done great with bedtime. Naptimes were a huge problem. I would kiss them goodnight, but then I would hear pitter patter. D: "Jo Jo, up! Play!" J: "No Danny, night night." D: Jo-Jo, UP!" J: "No play Danny." Pause. Double pitter patter. Giggles. Obvious, endless play. We have come up with a new naptime routine thats working, thankfully!!
  • If Daniel does a monster roar, Joseph gets genuinly scared and runs to me for protection. This amuses Daniel greatly. It does not amuse me after 5 minutes, so I'm tring to make dinner saying, "Danny, STOP SCARING YOUR BROTHER!"
  • These two are truly best friends or worst enemies. When they are getting along, its the best thing in the entire world. Much easier than having one two year old. When they are fighting and screaming, its very frustrating.
  • Joseph is smitten with our neighbor, Bella, who is 3. I'm not sure she's even aware J exists...she's a typical, sweet girl, who plays with the other girls in our neighborhood. But J will randomly say, "Friend Bella. Love Bella."

Photobucket

1 comment:

Mom Mc said...

I hope Tootsie liked her ornament. How many does she have on the tree now?