Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

Brian and I were excited to host Thanksgiving again this year...it was funny to be at the same base, but a different house, with almost all new friends/guests. Not because the "old" friends aren't invited, but because they moved. So it was very bittersweet. Super sad to think how much we missed so many friends and families in our lives. And yet abundantely joyful to share the special day with the amazing friends in our lives.

These are Trader Joe's chocolate croissants...you leave them out over night and they double in size, then you bake them. They were disgusting. Disgustingly delicious... I love getting fancy once in awhile!
Look at all that food! Brian fried a turkey and the rest was potluck style. These people know how to cook!!!
A few years ago I cut a picture out of a magazine with this centerpiec. Put a branch in an apple...put clothespins on the branches and then attach pictures. I was so excited to finally do it, with the vision in mind of all the many people we are thankful for...mostly our children. And of course friends and family that couldn't be with us. I actually had too many pictures. But I think the sentiment was there...
Turkey Coma!!!
The ladies (Tara, MC, Sam, Katy, Erin & Erica):
Photobucket

2 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

Boy, you did get all kinds of fancy! I love the apples and branches with the pictures, so clever! I always seem to miss you guys more this time of year! Happy Thanksgiving to you guys!! Miss you! xoxo

Mom Mc said...

The pastries looked so good that I found the closest Trader Joe's in Chesterfield and bought some. they are in the freezer now just waiting for a cold, snowy night with some hot chocolate. Yummmmy!!!!!