Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Team Jacob Friday


Last Friday we were at a going away party for a friend who is deploying. We all had sitters and were relaxing at the (base) club, when we heard that the movie Grown Ups 2, which is being filmed in and around Boston, was right outside the gate. I had heard that earlier in the day, but attempts to see the action failed. We got word the crew and actors were still there. So a few of us barely waved farewell to our happy excited eye-rolling husbands and headed on our way to see if we could get lucky and get a photo with someone famous. When we managed to get on set, we immediately saw David Spade, Chris Rock and Peter Dante. We played it cool, really we did. We didn't giggle as we asked for a photo. Nope, not us. Here we are!!




















It was absolutely surreal to stand and chat with these guys who I grew up knowing on the big screen. After that photo, we got to watch as they filmed a car scene a few times, which was really, really exciting. I felt thrilled. We then got sent behind baricades so they could shoot "one last scene" for the day. We saw Adam Sandler in the scene, but were unable to get a pic with him, but still it was surreal to see him live.

We knew Taylor Lautner had been on the set earlier, but couldn't spot him. I won't lie...I really wanted to see him. I am probably the LAST person to jump onto the Twilight band wagon, but finally rented the first four about a mont ago. Brian happily (not) sat through the movies with me as I drooled over the vampire/warewolf/human love triangle. Since the final movie to Twilight is coming out this fall, I finally started reading the books...even better than the movie. (That's him on the right, below...as Jacob).











So even though I just celebrated my 27 28 29th birthday (again) and I am happily married with three beautiful boys, you can imagine my delight, when we spotted Taylor across the parking lot and got his attention. He tossed his football aside and sauntered over to us. I played it cool, really, I did. Nope, not star struck over a 20 year old. Nope, not me.


And since then, quite frankly, I can't stop gushing. And Brian? He just smiles. Because he knows....star struck or not, I know who I'm going home to and he knows that I wouldn't trade my life of raising mini wolves for the world. Even if for one night I felt like I was 16 again...and loved it.
Photobucket

1 comment:

The Hess Family said...

So fun!! I am a giddy school girl just looking at your pictures.