Monday, September 19, 2005

SURPRISED!

Sunday afternoon I had quite a shock! I was leaving Jenny Rigg's baby shower (who didn't quite make it, as she went into labor and delivered her baby boy the evening prior!) and getting into my car when I heard my phone ring on the seat beside me. Brian seemed oddly concerned on why my phone was off. I told him it was on, I just left it in the car while I attended the party. Was there a problem? He insisted there was not, but made me swear to stay by my phone. I was wondering if he had accidentally fallen while putting up the new cieling light/fan in the nursery or if maybe he decided to have some cocktails while I was at the party. As I pondered his strange behavior, my phone rang again. I answered and heard a chorus of "Surprise" at the other end of the phone. I am not really sure what I said at that point, as I was thouroughly confused! Then Mom McMenamy explained that she and both sides of our family were at my Aunt Terri's having a baby shower for us! WOW! We are so lucky!!! I was then "passed" around to each person at the shower and was able to chat with each of the attendee's. Everyone said it was a blast and I wish I could have been there, but am so grateful and blessed to have such a great family. We look forward to watching the video and seeing everyone in action. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!

No comments: