Monday, October 24, 2005

WOW!!!

This past Friday I went to the post office to pick up a few packages that had been delivered. Since Brian was at work, I told him I would wait for him to come home before we opened them. I spent the evening with Kim and Avery, who is growing and just so cute! She is colicky, so it's been tough on Kim & Matt, but they are doing great! Anyway, when I got home that night, I realized I had another package in the mailbox, and it was from Andi. It felt sort of like a CD. When I got Brian on the phone he told me to open it. It was a DVD, and on the front there was a picture of these beautifully decorated cupcakes that read, "Tiny Toes." Each cupcake had a letter on it and then there were other cupcakes with little feet on them!! I opened the case, and found an invitation that let me know there had been a surprise video shower given by Andi at her house on October 8th with my girlfriends (and my mom!) in St. Louis. I immediately teared up and was so touched. The invitation had the matching "Tiny Toes" theme and is so adorable. Brian (who has known all along, the little sneak), informed me that two of the packages were from the shower Andi had thrown!! Unfortunately, I can only get through half of the DVD on our player. I have tried it on my computer, and it too, is being stubborn. Brian and I are going to find someone with a new(er) DVD player and we're sure it'll work. We feel badly that we can't see the whole thing, but from what we saw, the party looked like a blast and I just can't express my gratitude enough! Sorry to those who attended that thought the packages were lost in the mail. Nope, they were at the post office and between our schedules, it took Brian and I a couple tries to actually pick the packages up. Thank you all so much for your kindness and generosity, we are so touched. Everything is just precious! The third package was from Beth Orwick and her mother in law made a BEAUTIFUL little sweater for the baby. It's so cool...it zips in the back, all the way up and has a hood. Then in the front there is a space for the baby's head. It's so perfect for the COLD Wyoming weather and we can't wait to see Jeb wearing it! Thank you all so so so so much!!! I will be calling you soon, again, we are so very blessed and so grateful.

No comments: