Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Memoirs of a Geisha

This weekend was the meeting for the book club I am involved with. This month's book was Memoirs of a Geisha. We decided to "spice" up the meeting and meet in Loveland at the restaurant PF Changs (a restaurant I had never been to). Then we were going to see the movie Memoirs of a Geisha since it's in theatre's now. Since Brian had to work, I was planning on taking Nolan to lunch with me at PF Changs and then probably coming home. I went back and forth on whether to take him into the movie with me. Anyway, Brian called me from work Sat morning to say he could stay with Nolan after all! Yipee! So I got a day out with the girls. It was a blast, but I kept thinking I forgot something (or someone)! PF Changs was SO SO SO yummy! I can't wait to go back with Brian. The movie wasn't bad, but the book was (of course) much MUCH better. I did like how I was able to see some of the different cultural things on screen that I didn't fully grasp just by reading the book. It really does give me a desire to visit Japan.

2 comments:

momto2boys said...

humm... I was hoping to see that this weekend.. I hope it is worth it... i did read the book a LONG time ago so maybe that will help?

Sam said...

If the book isn't fresh in your mind maybe it will be better?