Sunday, November 12, 2006

His own plate!

Earlier this week, as I made dinner, I decided to cut up everything I was making for Brian and I and put it on a seperate plate for Nolan. So far, we've been giving him what we eat, but not doing it ahead of time. In other words, we cut it up for him while we eat and hand it to him. But he's eating so much more now and so quick that by the time we're done cutting it up and giving it to him, he's ready for more and one of us (Brian or myself) is stuck giving him food throughout our whole dinner. Okay, you get the idea. It was like a whole new world was opened...for him & for us! He loved having all the variety at once (he had avacodoes, tomatoes, cheese, rice & chicken). He loved having so much food and we loved getting a chance to eat our meal while it was hot and (gasp) talk a little bit! We used one of our summer plasticware, as we hadn't bought him his own plate yet, so it was a little big. But he didn't attempt to throw it on the ground until he was almost done! Good times! I wish I could say he licked the plate clean, like Avery did, because that was the cutest thing ever, but he didn't. He did however take most of the rice and put it on the tray, in it's own little cubicle.

2 comments:

Bethalow said...

Yeah!!!

Kim and Matt said...

Good for Nolan!! No need to lick the plate clean just yet. Hee Hee :)