Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Saturday

Saturday was awesome. Brian and Nolan had a "Dad & Nolan" day, while I had a very refreshing afternoon to myself. I went first to get my hair cut. I have gotten my hair cut once before since we moved and it was so-so. I went to a different salon and the woman was awesome. I have never been so impressed with someone cutting hair. She gave me a terrific cut, one that's easy to manage and fun to play with, and I even got something I haven't had for 16 years...bangs!!! They aren't too drastic, I had to point them out to Brian...they just sort of go along with my layers. Anyway, after my nice hair cut, I went to the mall, had lunch in a food court by myself and just ate slowly and relaxed. Then I went shopping for an outfit for my 10 year high school reunion. It was like HEAVEN to not rush around and just take my time. I even went to a bookstore to browse some book titles I have been meaning to look into (the new John Grisham book is based on a true story), but found myself in the children's section for a 1/2 hour, missing my little guy. Go ahead, laugh at me, it's okay. I mock myself. Brian and I ended the evening by having a "date" dinner. Meaning we ate a nice meal AFTER Nolan went to bed. We needed some quiet time before the craziness of the Holidays begin officially!!! :)

5 comments:

momto2boys said...

Good for you! I can totally relate...one week of "me" time and I call Tanner crying and he laughs at me... mommyhood is hard work!

Dawn said...

Sam, sounds like a relaxing day, but I don't blame you for missing that little cutie pie! I miss Alex when I haven't seen him and he's not even that cute these days (he's 11)

Bethalow said...

Yeah! Good for you Sam! You need more of those girl!!

Keelee said...

It always hard as much as we all move to find someone! I am glad it only took you two tries!! Now wheres the pic?

momto2boys said...

hey speaking of books...Jennifer Weiner has a new one out too...