Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bowling Buddies

Last Thursday my Bible study group was getting together after class for lunch to bid farewell to a member of our group who's moving. Taking Nolan to restaurants these days is kind of like trying to juggle with your hands tied behind your back. So I asked Brian if he and Nolan would want to do lunch together so I could do lunch with the ladies. Their plan was to grab some fast food and head to the park. But of course, it was pouring down rain all day (I would have traveled better in a boat than the car). So Brian took Nolan to the base bowling alley for lunch and then Nolan got to bowl his first game! Brian said Nolan had a great time, minus the fact he was a little upset in the beginning because as soon as Brian said, "Let's find a ball." Nolan said, "Green ball!" Well, all the green balls were 12+ pounds, so Brian had to persuade him to use an orange ball. I can't wait to go with them next time and see my little man knock down some pins! And I had a WONDERFUL lunch with the ladies and was able to really relax and soak up some good chatter and time with the girls, thanks sooo much Brian!!!
Here are some pictures of the bowling extravaganza!
Watch out Pop Pop, with scores like this at 2, he's going to give you a run for your money (for those of you that don't know my dad bowls a MEAN game)!

1 comment:

The Vrabecs said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait to take Abby bowling!!