Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Beach Bums

Brian has officially coined Nolan and I beach bums, and I think he's right! The last few weeks we've packed a lunch, beach toys and chairs and spent a day on the water. It's so funny that last year Nolan barely liked walking on the sand, but this year he throws his whole body into a sand pile (or pit), then runs in the water to clean off! He loves splashing and is getting more and more brave with how deep he'll go into the water and is even voluntarily dunking his head. Here are some pics from last week.
I love how hard he's concentrating here!
Teamwork rocks. Mmm, lunchtime.

I love this pic of Abby watching the bird.

I know that it's only fair that you think I'm terribly mean by putting my son in time out AT THE BEACH for pete's sake. But really, I warned him, and throwing sand in our friends faces is always a fast ticket to time out. Boy was he MAD!

3 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

The beach is so much fun! I think this going to have to be a weekly thing during the summer :)

momto2boys said...

Beach time... how fun! Can we come?

Bengela said...

You're killing me!!! I can't wait to get down there and enjoy it too! Less than 2 months for me! Ben will be there in early June...look out for an invite to his Change of Command ceremony on 17 June at 0900--I'll be there too and hope you can make it w/Nolan!