Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rearranging

Just in case you didn't know, basements in Florida pretty much don't exist. Something about the soil not being compatible. I absolutely love our ranch house. I love that I'm not creeped out by the thought that someone is lurking downstairs, or worse, under the stairs. Yes, I am a paranoid freak. I love that the laundry room is next to my bedroom and involves no stair climbing. I do not, however, love the lack of storage. It's been challenge since day one, but recently we've just been stuffed to the gills. So among starting a slow, but hopefully long term, de-cluttering process, we decided to rearrange a bit. We moved the bed in the office/spare bed room to the garage. It took us less than a half hour and that included going through all the junk stuff under the bed. So we figure it would take about 10-15 minutes to move the bed back in. I say this to emphasize that even though this room is now a play room and office and we breath much easier and feel more at peace, it takes no time to move the bed in so that you all can visit!! But for every day use, the bed was kind of a waste. The room is still a work in process, but here's the start of a very good thing!! Nolan loves it and so do we!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Looks great! :)

Rumour Miller said...

I didn't realize you were in Florida... how is the heat?

Rumour Miller said...

I didn't realize you were in Florida... how is the heat?

Kim and Matt said...

We're right there with you guys! The room looks great!!