Monday, June 09, 2008

Surprise Pool Party

Saturday Brian welcomed me into the 30's club with a surprise Birthday party. I knew something was going on because he was a very busy bee with the yard and house, but because the Vrabec's invited us to dinner Saturday and Brian said yes, I just thought maybe people were coming over for cake. It was a fantastic surprise to realize friends were coming over for a barbecue and to swim! There is truly nothing more important to me in this life besides my family and friends and I thank God everyday for them, so I feel truly blessed to have celebrated this milestone in such a way. Growing up my birthday was always on or around Memorial Day weekend, and we would celebrate both occasions at my Grandma & Grandpa's house at their pool. Those memories are so fond and special, so having a pool party couldn't have been more perfect. My only regret is that my parents and brother and my extended family couldn't be here, but they were here in spirit!!
Lindsey & Cade:
Becca, Wesley & John...they came all the way from Germany for the party!! (okay, so they may have come so that John could go to SOS also...and to visit Cheyna & Andrew who they were staying with this weekend)
Jake & Donovan:
My very first pool party: And now an "old" lady: Me & my adorable helpers blowing out the "forest fire" on the cake. Brian insisted we put 30 candles on there. I guess I sort of gave him a hard time when he turned 30, so it was coming.

2 comments:

Kim and Matt said...

Looks like fun, Sam. I am so glad you were able to celebrate this milestone in such a special way. :)

Susan said...

Looks like you had a great time! Happy Birthday!!!!