Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Circus

Sunday we joined the Vrabec's for an afternoon of fun at the Ringling Brother's circus in Pensacola. It was a tad sentimental for me, because I vividly remember my Dad taking me on a "date" to the circus when I was probably 7 years old. Don't quote me on the age. But I do remember I wore my favorite grey dress, with a pink ribbon. I felt so pretty and special to be my Daddy's #1 little girl. I tried to make Nolan wear a dress, but he and Brian both said that was going too far...
Anyway, we had a great time. Nolan and Abby loved the animals and the "silly clowns" and of course the circus popcorn, one of the few snacks that wouldn't have cost us our entire savings. Can you believe the cotton candy was $12?? Luckily Nolan is just as content with the much more affordable goodies!
Here's Nolan clapping:
Abby & Nolan eating popcorn:Here are the respective family shots. These were taken right after the
circus ended and both kiddos were raring to follow the hoards of people (little did they know they weren't going anywhere exciting...just exiting). Anyway, both wanted to get out of the laps of their parents and on the floor to play, which is why they look like they are totally grumped. Abby actually looks much less grumpy...Outside the circus:
Nolan was so tired that when we got home he fell asleep right where he landed (literally). The dogs were totally okay with it, probably because he gives them lots of treats when he's not snoozing.

2 comments:

The Hadfields said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. It means so much, whether it comes from a close friend or complete stranger. You have a beautiful family! God Bless!

Becky said...

OH MY GOSH! Thank you so much for leaving a comment on Amy's blog! I had lost your blog and just refound it from that! You are so sweet... and love the blog's look by the way... very stylish! You're saved on my bloglist now, so whew! I can check in on you again!