Saturday, February 28, 2009

February Nolanisms

  • Whenever Nolan is misbehaving or acting out and we say, "Nolan you are being naughty." He'll say, "I don't want to be naughty!!!!" Or "Nolan, you are not being good." He'll say, "But I WANT to be good!!" ....or "But I WANT TO LISTEN!"
  • At Burger King we were asking Abby and Nolan about best friends, which of course they said they were each other's best friend. Then I asked Nolan who he was going to marry and he pointed to Abby. Then we asked Abby if she was going to wear a pretty white dress and she said, "Yeah!" (very excitedly). We asked her what Nolan would wear and I think it was Abby that said a dress. So I said, "No, boys don't wear dresses, not to weddings anyways." And Nolan replied as serious as can be, "But sometimes I do."
  • Speaking of dresses, since I'm outing Nolan anyway, we were recently at a friends house who has two girls close to Nolan's age. Ella wanted to play dress up, so course Nolan did, too. So they both went to Ella's room to get some dresses on. I was in the living room with the younger kids and Ella comes out looking all pretty in her dress. I wait for Nolan. Nothing. After a few minutes I begin to worry (did he have accident? What's going on?) So I called out and asked him what he was doing. Nolan doesn't reply, so I say, "Nolan come here!" He comes running around the corner like Will Ferrell in Old School, totally naked!! No shirt, no pants, no underwear, not even socks! I was so grateful at that point I was the only adult there. I said, "Nolan what on earth are you doing? Why are you naked? Where are you clothes?" And he said, "Ella took hers off!!" And I said, "Not her UNDERWEAR!!!" He said, "Oh." So I went and helped him put his manly underwear on so that a pretty blue dress could be worn. I was relieved to hear my friend Staci's boys had just played dress up at Ella's as well!
  • Nolan and I were at Wal-Mart and he had just picked out a birthday card that had loads of glitter on it. It got on his shirt and hands and he got so tickled he kept saying, "I have lights on me!" But to the untrained ear of my toddler it sounded like, "Look, I have LICE on me, Mommy! LICE are all over my shirt! LICE are on my hands!!!" Which is why I love that my toddler knows two volumes. Sleeping and yelling.

1 comment:

Bengela said...

OMG I am dying laughing at the fact that you compared your lil' boy to Will Ferrell and being as naked as the day is new!!!