Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Nolanisms

  • One afternoon I told Nolan he had to take a quick snooze (nap). Later when he was talking to Daddy he said, "I had to take a snore today, Daddy". Brian said, "What did you take?" And he said, "You know. A snore...(insert snore noise)....when you lay down...a snore."
  • Nolan and I saw the Easter aisle at the store. As we passed it he said, "Mom, we can look at that stuff, but we aren't allowed to buy it, only the Easter Bunny can bring us that stuff."
  • We have a plastic horeshoe set. One afternoon he was looking around outside and I said, "What are you looking for?" He replied, "I'm looking for the green rainbow that you throw at the stick."
  • Nolan learned about our first and present president in school on Presidents day this year. Upon hearing the news talk about "Washington" he got very excited and said to me, "I know WashingTIM, he was our first president, the guy with white hair!"
  • I had Nolan wear his "Twin Brothers for Sale" t-shirt one more time recently (its getting too small). I explained what his shirt said and asked what he was selling them for...trucks, trains, money? He replied, " Thirty Eighty Ninety Twenty Dollars." I was laughing so hard as I grabbed a piece of paper so I wouldn't forget. Then Nolan got very concerned,"Wait!! Don't write that down! I want to keep my brofers! I like them, so don't let anyone see that." (Now I feel a little guilty sharing this, but I did explain to him why I write it down, that someday I want to remember this so I can tell him and promise him that he'll think its funny. I also reassured him he and his brothers were going nowhere)!
  • We were on our way to the YMCA and I hear grunting from Joseph. We were already cutting it close and I knew by having to change his diaper I would not be able to make it to the class. That's when I heard Nolan say, "Really, Joseph? With the pooping?" He literally took the words right out of my mouth!
  • While at the beach we were literally attacked by seagulls when we decided to eat lunch on the beach...to be specific, I was attacked. One dive bombed my head in attempt to get my sandwich. I was screeching and covering my head...Brian was smart and retrieved Tootsie from the house, who kept those seagulls in line. BUT...as we continued to lunch we watched as Nolan stood up, grabbed a full bottled water and marched (not walked), marched towards a lone seagull sitting a few feet away staring us down. He just kept marching at it until it flew off. We were calling after him, "Nolan, what are you doing?" He came back and said, "I was going to hit that seagull over his head so he would leave my mommy alone!!"
XOXO,

No comments: