Sunday, June 06, 2010

Big Brotherhod

Nolan amazed me, humbled me, and honored me from day one of being a big brother. I remember calling him to tell him I was staying at the doctors to have the babies. I was expecting a big excited reaction, considering he asked me constantly at the end if it was time. But he just said, really quietly, "Okay." Then, "But I want you to come back here [to grandma & papa's]." It was only later that I realized he thought he would be there, be a part of the birth. I am so grateful to my in-laws and to my parents for bringing Nolan to the hospital. He was certainly a handful, but his reaction to it all was priceless. The other thing that struck me was one of his first questions. "Where is Baby Daniel?" His face was the saddest thing. I can only imagine what he thought, even though we tried very hard to prepare him for what was to come. I wish upon stars I could have seen him meet Daniel that night, but I'm glad he got to see him right away and have his fears put to rest. But here are some moments with Joseph that I did get to witness...and even though the first few moments with D were not witnessed by me, I have a year and a heart full of memories of them!!

Look at that proud smile!
He was so curious, so gentle, so loving. That's exactly how he is now...haha hahaha! ;)
So sweet!! I constantly found Nolan doing this, checking on them. At first, he would often climb in with one of them. But for at least 6 months we could not get him to stop "checking" on them!
XOXO,

3 comments:

Rumour Miller said...

I cannot believe that it has been a year! Where does the time go. So amazing.

Happy Birthday to your doublets!

The Vrabecs said...

How sweet! Nolan is such an incredible, sweet, funny little boy and the twins are lucky to have such a wonderful big brother in their lives!

Genest Family said...

How sweet! I love pictures of them meeting the babies for the first time!