Saturday, June 05, 2010

The countdown begins...

So...a week from today my babies turn one. One year!! No way can it have been one year. Even though I have lots of current pictures to catch up on, I really feel inclined to reflect on this time last year and what it has meant to me. You never get it back, you know? That first year... I always tell people I know it was special and I hold it close to my heart, but you couldn't pay me to relive those first few months. And yet, even now, my heart aches at how quickly the time has gone. Anyway...here are some pics from last year that I never got around to posting. Maybe some repeats, but good times nonetheless.

Brian's parents took Nolan and I to the zoo after visiting the doctor one day. Brian was back in FL and not happy that I was walking around, but the doctors had assured me it was okay. I was 34 wks and actually felt pretty good until the end of the day. When I was done, I was D-O-N-E. I love how Nolan always loved on the babies, even in my belly:

Sweet Emily, Brian's cousin, was pregnant and due about the same time I was, about 2 weeks after me. For the people who said "I didn't look I was that big" or "having twins"...well, here ya go...I was HUGE (and I totally loved every second)!!! How adorable is Emily and her cute belly? Her son Max is just as cute!!!

Two things have struck me as I look back at the pictures and videos, most of those which I never got around to sharing. One...Nolan was my baby. He was so little and innocent and even though I knew it would happen, he didn't realize how much his little world would just turn upside down. He has been simply amazing. He is the best little guy and best big brother in the entire world...you might think I'm biased because I'm his momma, but I'm telling ya...its the truth. The other thing is the raw emotion that these pictures bring out in me. I hope to share them in the coming week because I want to remember. I want to share it, to share what a year ago I was afraid to share. That being afraid would somehow make me weak. So, that being said, here is my first meeting with my Daniel. A day after his birth, still breaks my heart that I couldn't be with him from the start, but God has big plans for him. I just know it.
XOXO,

2 comments:

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

Thanks for sharing this Sam. I am all teared up.

The Vrabecs said...

You are one strong Momma, Sam!