Monday, August 23, 2010

Lookout Farm

A couple weekends ago we went to Lookout Farms, where they have all kinds of pick your own fruit. There's apparently quite a few farms like this in the area and in another month or so, they will be even more festive. We were able to pick Saturn peaches, nectarines and apples. It didn't seem like a hot day until we were in the sun, then it was pretty toasty. Not Florida-hot, but still warm. We had a great day and have been eating the rewards since!

At the end we let Nolan eat one of the apples he picked. They had a great kids area, complete with playground, a maze, face painting and a caterpillar ride. Here's Brian before we let the kids loose in the playground, which is scarier than it sounds these days. Nolan taking Daniel down the slide. I realize that perhaps it should have been Nolan or at least Joseph on the lone side of the see-saw, but what you can't see is Brian, helping Big D out! This pic is kind of grainy, but I zoomed in on the boys faces. The ride actually went kind of fast, so I didn't let Danny go because he can wiggle himself out of any and every single buckle, strap and seat, so I figured that may not end well. J was a bit scared, but also delighted to be with big brother. Growing up so fast... Joseph literally swiped this from me. I was munching it, set it on the counter and he stole it. Apparently he can eat a whole apple. But at least he shares...
I made a peach and blueberry pie with our pickings. It was not bad, but Nolan kept saying "its just too good to eat, Mom. I'll eat some tomorrow." He's like me, I'm not much of a fruit pie kind of gal. Or my baking just needs some work...

3 comments:

Rumour Miller said...

Sounds like a great place!

Love the pictures of the boys. Handsome little men.

The Vrabecs said...

Wow, that looks like a fun place. It is amazing to me the difference of what you find to do in the area when you have kids! I love the picture of you and Nolan, very sweet and of the twins eating the apple!

Bethalow said...

So cute!!! It looks like you had a great time!