Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

Brian and I decided to host Thanksgiving this year and we're so glad we did. Of course, our awesome friends did a huge portion of the cooking and it was definitely a pot luck style Thanksgiving feast. Brian fried a big ol' turkey and we all ate and ate and ate. The kids ran wild and had a blast. I'm always reminded this time of year of how much we truly have to be grateful for. Two years ago it was the fall season that we found out I was pregnant, and soon found out it was with twins. It is the time of year we celebrate Nolan's birthday. Brian and I celebrate meeting each other. We spend each Thanksgiving morning reminiscing of past turkey days with family and military family and miss lots of folks, but feel honored to have so many people to love. We hope your day was as full and happy as ours!

This was the only time I remembered to give the camera over to Brian, but I HAD to have a pic of my Thanksgiving apron that Aunt Jeanne sent me! Thank you!! This is Mairead, Jess & I:
This was a pic of a pudgy little hand I love from Thanksgiving 07 (at Cheyna and Andrews).
This is pudgy hand's little brother this year. Almost the same age...
Turkey Man:

Sally, this pic is for you!

Mairead and Tim. They also have twins, little girls who are 3 and so adorable!!!

Jim, Cheryl and daughter Grace.

Our main floor is basically one big room (dining, living room, and what we've made playroom. Also office, as you can see the desk back there). The table with the maroon tablecloth was the kids table. J&D ate with us, of course, but maybe next year they'll graduate to actual kid table....
The kids chowing down, with promises of dessert if they finished dinner. Then later, Trenton (bottom right) asked me when we were having dessert. I told him it was gone because his dad had eaten it all. It took his dad and I about five full minutes to realize poor Trenton was bawling his eyes out, thinking the dessert was all gone!! I felt SO SO bad!
Dessert. Plainly, NOT ALL GONE! :) The first is a sugar cookie Brian made, that looks like a pumpkin pie. Big hit for the little ones!
One tradition we started a couple years ago was making Nolan wait until Thanksgiving to watch Polar Express. Then after Christmas, it gets put away. He was so so excited and most of his friends were, too. Although he was the only that sat through the entire movie, totally mesmerized as if it were his first time seeing it!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Sally Y said...

Love the pic! LOL! For a minute there, I thought it WAS the pic from that CRAZY Thanksgiving! I was actually thinking of you guys and ALL the Cheyenne folks this year and what a good time we used to have during holiday season! Glad you guys had a great one this year in Boston! XOXO

The Vrabecs said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Abby and Olivia watched Polar Express for the first time in a long time on our way to Michigan, and loved it! I think I will take your lead on that and pack it away with our Christmas stuff this year and save it for Thanksgiving, its more magical that way! I remember how much Nolan loved that movie even when he was really little. Aw, memories!!!

Mom Mc said...

The pics are great. what a "gaggle" of kids you had! Sally I thought the same thing . I thought it was the old pic from WY.