Thursday, August 18, 2011

Major Brian

At the beginning of this month, Brian pinned on Major in the Air Force. I can't tell you how humbled I am to be married to this guy. Nope, he's not perfect. But he's a wonderful father and a loyal and amazing husband and his integrity at his job is awesome. So, it was wonderful to see him recognized. The ceremony was a Thursday afternoon and we are so grateful to the friends and co-workers who joined us.

This is Nolan pinning the new rank on Brian's hat. Brian's last promotion was to Captain, and Nolan was in my belly! I had the honor of putting rank on his shoulders. This is us laughing because I had pretended I was going to pound the rank (a pin) into his shoulder. When I stopped, I got booed from the audience and people kept yelling for me to "do it, punch him, go for it" etc.
The big moment!
I LOVE this picture. I couldn't stop looking at Brian with googly eyes all day because life's busy. We're busy. It all goes too fast. And for one afternoon I got to stop and listen to people remind me how lucky and blessed I am to have him by my side.
Brian brought goodies for all of us. This is him giving Nolan his Captain America shield. Nolan was so excited! Joseph & Daniel didn't want picture time, but it was hard to argue, they behaved really well during the ceremony (with the help of many snacks, it did sound like their were chipmunks in the room). The boys enjoying some fun and more snacks after the ceremony. Thank you, Brian, for taking care of our family, for serving our country and for making me laugh daily. I love you.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Mom Mc said...

What a wonderful ceremony. We wish we could have been there for it. You 2 are so blessed to have each other. It is a match made in heaven. We are also so so proud that we brought up such as outstanding son and that he found such as amazing wife. Love to all Hugs and kisses Mom and Dad.

The Hess Family said...

So sweet!!! Congrats to Brian!!

The Vrabecs said...

Congrats McMenamy's, the guys get recognized but it truly takes the whole family to get them there!