Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A Great Read

Last night I stayed up past my bedtime reading a hauntingly beautiful (and Pulitzer Prize winning) book entitled Empire Falls by Richard Russo. It was one of those reads that you can hardly bear to stop reading, but you also dread the ending because then the experience will have ended. I highly recommend it, and if you are not a reader, HBO has made a mini-series starring Helen Hunt and Paul Newman, among other great actors. I imagine it will be specatular, though I am usually disappointed with movies after reading the book. Brian is attending a TDY in town this week for work. It is in depth evaluation training from what I understand. There are missalears from Minot, ND and Malstrom, MT in town for the training as well. They had a long lunch today and Brian surprised me by taking me to lunch at a new Mexican restaurant in town. We're half way through the week...HAPPY HUMP DAY!

No comments: