Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A date is set!

I had a doctor's appointment today with our favorite doctor. He said I am still 1 cm dilated, but 80 % effaced (last week I was 50%). He said that we're just so close and he wants us to have a light at the end of the tunnel, so Tuesday (Nov 15th) I will be induced (if the baby hasn't come on his own by then). Brian and I were pretty shocked, but I trust this doctor more than anyone and know that he feels this is okay, then we are ready. Now I am simply giddy with excitement to think that in less than a week I will most likely be meeting my son!!! Yesterday I had LOTS of contractions, from about 12:30 until I went to bed. They were pretty intense at times, but never so painful that I thought "it was time." We went to Target and walked some laps to see if we could get things moving along and the contractions definitely did get stronger, so maybe the little guy will come on his own. So that is the latest news. We have another appointment Monday to get everything squared away. Please keep us in your prayers over the next week. We will be sure to let everyone know when something does happen! :)

6 comments:

momto2boys said...

yipeee...how exciting!!!!!!

Sally Y said...

That's great news! Can't wait!

Bethalow said...

Yeah! I can't wait to meet the little guy!!

Mom Mc said...

We are going to be on pins and needles till the blessed event!!!Laps at Target? What a great idea! Remember just in case Anna's 20th B-day is this Sat the 12th. PaPa just left today the 10 th for deer hunting. I will have to call and update him to be sure and keep checking his cell phone. Remember call us anytime day or night! If I am at work maybe you will have luck waking your brother Nate. Here is my work #636-625-5332 in case you've lost it.That goes directly to 2E. I'll be there Sat and Sun 7p-7a then off Mon and
Tue. Love and miss you both sooooo much!!! You are all in our prayers. Get those nursery pictues up so we all can see. Your own digital pics would be just fine.

Sam said...

Mom McM,
We have two more pics to hang up and then we can take pictures of the nursery. Brian is the "tool" man, so I will get on him to do that tonight :) Hopefully tomorrow I can post some pics.
Of course, the only thing we can't hang up just YET are the letters of the baby's name that I painted! :) Tee hee!

Anonymous said...

home equity loans