Friday, December 23, 2005

First Date

Brian and I had our first date seven years ago tonight. We met at Poncho's house during Thanksgiving break (Meghan was there!) and had our first date during Christmas break. I gave Brian horrible directions, but he still made it to my parents house. He brought me a teddy bear and candle as a Christmas "gift." I was floored he would do that on our first date and thought it was was the sweetest thing ever. We went to Canetto's (spelling?) on the Hill for dinner, where Brian spilled his drink on himself TWICE before we even sat down to eat. I guess he was nervous? I loved it! Then we went to see Bugs Life and after that we were still raring to go, we went to the Train Wreck (Westport). We ended up dancing to the John Lennon song "So this is Christmas." This time of year is just that much more special because of memories like these. I never imagined my life the way it has turned out. Married to a military man, traveling the country, having a baby hundreds of miles away from where I grew up and from my family. And yet, if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't change a thing. I...WE...are right where we are supposed to be and I am such a lucky woman to have found the man who makes me laugh, who challenges me and to share this life with.

4 comments:

Bethalow said...

Sam- I am all choked up! I love your "story". It is beautiful. Congratulations!

Sally Y said...

It seems like yesterday, well, I met you a couple months after! Boy does time fly! Can you believe this is your last holiday in Cheyenne! Next year will be SUNNY Florida!

ME said...

Hey Sam- Thanks for checking in on me every once in a while: you can contact me via e-mail: MelissaJeanErnst@hotmail.com and we can catch up!
Love, Melissa

momto2boys said...

so...did you go out on the town this year?

:)