Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Day 4, Last Full day at Sea

We headed to breakfast on this almost final day and we were very excited to at last get a window seat! We also ended up sitting with two people from Missouri, who lived near Cape Girardeau, where I attended college. We noticed some clouds but put on our swim gear and headed to get some rays anyway. At first we thought we might be in trouble, because it started drizzling on us. Then, as if magically, it cleared up and the sun was beating down and we were soaking up the rays. After a couple hours we figured we were fair skinned enough that we had better get out of the sun. No sooner had we changed back into clothes, but the sky opened up and it stormed bad for pretty much the rest of the day until the sun was getting ready to set.
Brian and I at breakfast:
These pictures are hilarious, because it wasn't until later when we were going through pictures that Bri and I realized we had taken the same shots of our feet, unbeknownst to the other person. I swear sometimes he lives in my head!!
Here's a picture of us with the storm clouds rolling in. Or we were rolling into them, I'm not really sure. Here's a pic of the storm, this was as close to outside without getting myself or the camera wet that I could get.

Things you can do while you're at sea and there's a bad storm.

1. Gamble (if you're a big chicken like me, you'll prefer penny slots).

2. Sip hot cocoa and watch in wonder as a group of teenagers run through the rain. The wonder part being, are they not freezing? And how are they running without falling flat on their tooshes?

3. One last nap. Sorry, no pictures.

4. Revel in the beauty of the water right after a good storm.

This was our dinner group the last night. We went to a show right before dinner and then saw the best comedian after dinner. Then we headed over to the karaoke bar. Yep, that's right, karaoke EVERY NIGHT. One might wonder how Brian ever managed to get me off of the boat to come home (again with the adorable toddler, otherwise I might still be on the boat singing and dancing my nights away). Anyway, our table was by far the coolest table in the place!Here's the guys singing. And yes, that's Brian pole dancing with the microphone stand. Back away ladies, he is all MINE!And this. This is how we felt on the drive home. Boo, it's all over.

1 comment:

Cardwell Family News said...

It all looks wonderful! Thanks for letting me live through your trip. No actually, I found out the hard way that cruises and pregnancy don't go together. Hope to see you guys in the next few weeks.