Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Makeshift Photo Shoot

Who knew that waiting for the ice cream truck could take forever be so much fun?? We knew the ice cream truck "lady" arrived late Sunday afternoon's, so Nolan and I perched ourselves on the porch to listen and wait. And wait. And wait. Since I'm not the most patient individual I may have gone a little insane had it not been for the absolutely gorgeous weather combined with some quality time with Nolan. Since we were both being so silly I decided to grab my camera and see if I could snap a few photos of my little man's personality on film. Sometimes I love him so much I want to put him in a bowl, cover him with chocolate sauce and chomp on his cuteness. But then Nolan would want a bite, because anything resembling ice cream is his mission. He asks for it all day long. In the morning he gets up, goes to the door and asks if we can sit on the porch and wait for the ice cream truck.
I figured eating ice cream every week day while I was pregnant with Nolan would result in his liking ice cream, but who knew he would be so obsessed??
This is his favorite spot to perch. When he's not waiting for the ice cream truck, he still loves to sit here and watch for birds. And tell me the color and kind of each vehicle that passes (i.e. truck, car). His favorite, of course, are the emergency vehicles.
Nolan, you are my sunshine. My only sunshine, you make me happy....Someone just try to tell me there aren't miracles...

We got too impatient sitting and waiting. Standing up sometimes speeds things along. I couldn't decide which one of these were my favorites, so it's your lucky day, you get both!!And just in case you truly didn't believe me about how excited Nolan gets when hears the ice cream truck, you can watch this clip. I'm not really sure what he's doing at the end, but I think he may have been "talking on the phone" to the girl across the street...um, who ironically wasn't outside at the time, but he did keep asking me if she wanted ice cream.

2 comments:

Sam said...

The pictures are amazing Sam and I love the video. I am taking a break from one of my assignments right now. I will be glad when this class is over.
Love, Brian

Sally Y said...

AWWWWE!!!!! The video is just too adorable!!!