Monday, April 21, 2008

Dinner "playdate"

Over the last few months we have gotten to know Staci and Dan, who we met through Tara and Rob. They have 3 adorable boys, so their house is pretty much Nolan's definition of Disney world. Which is my definition of heaven. Last week they invited some folks over for dinner (yummy lasagna) and the adults had a little break while the kiddos burned off some steam and had lots of fun. Staci also had us over Saturday after dinner, just to hang out, and though I don't have any pictures I just have to say thank you! Watching Nolan with her two oldest, Cameron and Dylan, was sweet. The three of them were prowling the backyard, flashlight in hand, on some kind of mission and Nolan was just enthralled. When it was time to leave (past all of the boys' bedtimes), Nolan was so sad he saw Staci at the front door waving and was crying/screaming, "My Staci!! My Staci, I want my Staci!" Here are some pics from the dinner at their place!
"Baby" Alex, whose 1st birthday was this past Friday. He is such a cutie patootie!
I know these pics are fuzzy, I took them through the screen. But it was funny and cute, Rob took all the kids (brave man) outside to play hide and seek. Nolan was the youngest out there and didn't quite grasp the full concept. While he was hiding he would stand up and say,"here I am!!!" Which is why he got tagged and so Rob was helping him count and then find the other kiddos. Rob was as tired as the kids when they came inside!

We only managed to get the kids inside by way of cupcakes. Tara made them, but left the frosting off, so the kids got to decorate their own. Nolan making his. He asked for a little help after a while.

The kids chowing down on their master pieces!

2 comments:

momto2boys said...

How are things? I love the post... I love decorate your own cupcakes...what a great idea! :)

Jenn said...

Holy moly...that's not a back yard, that's a PARK! :)

Looks like a fun evening. Aaaaand now I want a cupcake. *sigh*