Friday, July 31, 2009

July's Nolan says the Darndest Things

  • I mentioned this in passing in an earlier post, but Nolan pronounces Joseph "JOE-FUS." It absolutely melts my heart and is one of the reasons I fell further in love with that name choice. We would routinely ask Nolan to pronounce names we were thinking about. In fact at one point during my pregnancy, weeks after we had run through names I asked him if he liked a certain name. He said yes. I said, say Daniel and (insert name here). He did, but then said, "No Mom, it's Daniel and JOE-FUS!" I was shocked and so was Brian. He also would play with cars and trucks referring to them as Joefus and Daniel. So it was rather shocking that of all the times people asked if he knew the names he never spilled the beans about the babies' names!
  • Nolan likes to bring us a toy, but he puts it behind his back and wants us to guess which hand it's in. He says, "Guess which hand is in it?"
  • He still refers to yesterday as lasterday and last night as lasternight.
  • He asked me today for a blue flushie. Luckily we were at Sonic and I knew he meant slushie.
  • I was explaining middle names to Nolan and telling him his brothers' middle names. I told him his name is Nolan Richard. He looked at me very seriously and said, "No Mom, I'm only Nolan Richard when I'm bad!"

3 comments:

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

These are so cute and it is a great way to keep up with new words, phrases and expressions. Yeah for Daniel getting the lose the feeding tube:)

Susan said...

Oh, Nolan - you are a sweet boy. Thank you for being such a good helper with your brothers! Please have your Mommy give you a big hug from Grammy Susan! (Mommy - please read this to Nolan)

Levi said...

Brian and Sam,

Your boys (all 3 of them) are so cute. Kids do melt our hearts by the simplest things they say. I'm so excited to see Daniel's growth and that he is doing so well.

I am putting some pictures about my time in Iraq online on a blog (I think its called desert jaydoc) occasionally. Check it out if you ever get a few spare minutes.

Anyways, go Cardinals.

Dr. Sundermeyer (AKA Levi)