Thursday, July 01, 2010

June's Kid-Isms

Yep, I'm a day late and a dollar short. But here they go.

Nolanisms:

  • The days of "lasterday" are close to gone. He got teased, so now we are working on saying "yesterday." It was the only word we didn't correct (other than Jofus) and he of course got teased!
  • I took Nolan to the Boston Children's hospital for what turned out to be a scare, a false alarm belly ache. Anyway, after he was feeling better, he was lying in the hospital bed in his little gown and feeling better, so of course he was cl owing around. I told him to stop or he would fall. He looked at me as if I was insane and said, "Mom, its okay if I fall out of bed and get hurt here. We're in a hospital."
  • Nolan kept calling Brian and I "ERUPTING Cheese!" and belly laughing so hard. We thought he was officially off his rocker until he followed it up with, "Good day Sir!" We finally realized he was quoting a TV commercial, where the Cheese-It tells the doctor an "interrupting Cheese" joke. He thinks its the funniest commercial ever!
  • Nolan asked me one day, very seriously, "Mom, what if I wasn't so cute?" I was thrown off and asked what he meant. He said, "Well you always say, 'You're lucky you're cute!'"

Jo-Joisms:

  • Joseph walks now...everywhere, all the time. Its my favorite baby hood stage, watching him toddle around, belly sticking out, arms back, no fear to speak of and just plum thrilled to be walking!
  • J also gives kisses on command, but watch out, they are always open mouthed and often with a tongue hanging out!
  • J says "Niy-Niy" and then puts his head down as if going to sleep!

Danny-isms:

  • Daniel walked, too!! But once he mastered it, he got over it and still crawls everywhere.
  • Daniel only signs for more when we eat ice cream.
  • D & J both clap
  • D & J both mimic Nolan and I chewing gum. Its hilarious!
XOXO,

1 comment:

Mom Mc said...

I love lasterday! i once in awhile catch my self even using it. I want some big slobbery kisses!!!! Go big D on the ice cream!