Thursday, September 09, 2010

First day of Pre-K

Dear Nolan,

Here you are on your first day of Pre-K. You keep telling people who ask that you are going to kindergarten this year, and then when I correct you, you say, "Oh yeah right, silly Nolan." I think perhaps you kept hoping if you said it enough times, we would let you (as if we have a say in it). I just re-read my letter to you from last year and was so humbled by how raw my emotions were. It's hard to believe that just a year ago, we were in a huge transition stage and that your brothers did nothing but eat, all day and all night. At least that's what it felt like. And now, as you begin your newest school adventure, they want to come along. I love my special time with them while you're at school, but they kept looking for you and as soon as I said "let's go get Nolan," they raced to the door!

I love your new school almost as much as you do, and I'm so excited about the upcoming year and all that you'll get to do, see and learn and the friends you will make. One big difference was how much you told me about your day. Last year it was like pulling teeth, but today I got to hear all juicy details! Maybe this will wear off as the excitement does, but I hope not, because I love nothing more than hearing Nolan-woven tales about you and your classmates and teachers. And next year, when I sit down to write this letter, it will be as I send you off to big boy school. My heart can't quite grasp it, sweet boy, and I won't let this year pass without enjoying every special moment I can. I love you dearly and I'm so so so proud of you.

Love, Mommy

My sweet boy: Contrary to how it looks, he is NOT in timeout, he's showing off his wicked cool shark bookbag. He is over the moon about getting to have a bookbag. A little rain won't stop us...but it did make traffic slow moving!
In front of his new classroom, standing RIGHT in front of his name.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Rumour Miller said...

Piper wanted to jet off to Kindergarten this year too and told everyone!

She has accepted one more year of preschool, "But Mommy at my next birthday I am 5 and then I can go."

They are in a hurry to grow up and we just want time to stand still.

He's so handsome, Sam!

The Vrabecs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Vrabecs said...

Nolan looks so grown-up! I can't believe next year our babies will be off to big kid school! I remember taking them to their first day of MDO and they were so little.