Friday, January 07, 2011

Rhode Island

A few days after Christmas, and post-blizzard, we were lucky enough to head to Newport for the day to visit my cousins! They are such wonderful people! When I was a freshman in high school they flew me out to visit them in Conneticut for my first vacation without my parents. They spoiled me for a week and took me on so many fun adventures and its a trip full of memories I still hold close to my heart. Court is my mother's cousin and they spent years of their childhood growing up together on the east coast. This is Court & Jane at lunch, where they treated us to awesome chowder and fish and chips. Seriously delicious!! This was Court and Jane's idea. They have a picture of my great grandmother, with my great aunt. There's a picture they have of the two of them in this very spot when they came for a visit in their youth. It was so crazy to stand there (far from where I was born and raised) and know my great grandmother, whom I never met, stood in the same place!
Isn't the architechture beautiful? Court & I:
It makes my heart so happy to see Court and Jane and mended some of my homesickness. Its the first place we've been stationed to have family nearby. We're looking forward to more visits in the coming year!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Rumour Miller said...

How nice! I think you are gorgeous! Great photo.

Lindsey said...

Newport is one of my FAVORITE places up here to go. Wait until you go in spring/summer it's beautiful!