Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

What can I say? I love fresh starts. I love that every year, I get to look back at where I was, where we've been and the memories that have accumulated throughout that time. The truth is, for me, it doesn't take the new year to do this. Birthday's, anniversaries, random dates that mean something to me...they send me down memory lane. For example, its crazy to me that a year ago the twins were 6 months old. Tiny, tiny babies, requiring more time during my day than I physically had. This year, its much the same, but with a different spin. I absolutely feel like I have more of myself back. My days, though hectic, lean towards a schedule...most days! I am grateful for the start of this new year, the amazing past year and for a fresh start and what I think most of us want. A chance for me to be a better me. The best me I can be, so that my boys are raised by not perfection, but by a mother displaying grace and goodness and kindness. So my goals are large this year, but I know, not impossible. My first resolution is the most important to me and if none of the others work out, I would still be happy. A better relationship with God. Gotta go back to square one here, Lord, its been too sparatic for me lately. More quiet time spent reading His word, letting it filter into my heart and be my compass during these hectic days of raising 3 young boys to someday, hopefully, be respectable, honorable men. Secondly, I need to take better care of myself. More exercise and definitely more rest. I need to be a better arguer with my husband. I need to say sorry first and realize his plate is as full as mine. I need to thank him more often for being the kind of father that he is and the loyal, loving husband he is. I want to change my attitude to be more positive, all the time. Not phony-fake, but positive attitude that springs from a constant grateful heart. More play time with my boys and less worrying about housework. And lastly, more writing in my journal. There you have it, folks. My new years resolutions. Its a balancing act, and I don't want to strive for perfection, but if I can baby-step my way to a better me, that makes me happy. And grateful that God not only gives me each year to re-evaluate, but each morning the sun rises and I have another chance. Here's to a year full of laughter, love, memories, forgiveness, miracles, friendships and hope. Photobucket

No comments: