Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Update on Daniel

Brian and I got to the hospital with Daniel this morning around 7. Shortly after, we took him back so he could take his oral sedation. It didn't take long for him to get sleepy, but he held on like a champ, big sweet heavy eyes batting at us, then the nurses, as he played with a little toy steering wheel. He kept revving the engine and giving a half smile. The doctors were joking that he fit in as a Boston driver perfectly. I was right, this good-bye was much harder than sending him off to surgery when he was 4 days old. I wanted to crawl into his little bed with him and go with him so I could hold his hand the whole time. Speaking of which, I guess Brian and I were feeling just emotional enough that we snuck into Nolan's room late last night and brought him into our room, the reality of not seeing him for a few days hitting us hard. We watched him sleep and let him snuggle up to us, even though he never woke up. Gramma said when he woke up he was super excited to wake up in our room. That makes me happy. We are so grateful that the snow storm is not hitting today and that we didn't have to battle blizzard like conditions to get Daniel to the hospital. Thank you GOD! I do think that means we won't get to see the other 2 boys until at least Thursday. I know its not that big of a deal...I mean, if I were on a cruise or on a girls trip, I would be like, "Oh they'll be fiiiine." But I wish in my longing to hold Daniel I could have Joseph and Nolan climb into my lap right about now. Brian tried, but we got some funny looks. Ahhh, my humor remains the same, even if I'm the only one who thinks I'm funny. Anyway, we are waiting, praying, reading and yes, eating, because every nurse keeps telling us to! The staff is truly wonderful. But not as wonderful as our family and friends. Thank you all so, so much. We love you and we'll keep you updated. If you have facebook, I'm updating that first and probably more often. Thank you again for the continued support, prayers, texts and love. Photobucket

3 comments:

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

Your family is in our prayers

Whitney said...

Keeping your sweet little man in my thoughts and prayers.

The Vrabecs said...

Your's and Brian's strength is something to be admired. I can't imagine what you guys are going through and the pull that you are feeling between caring for Daniel and being there for Joseph and Nolan. It is good to know J & N are in good hands so you can keep your focus on D. I am sure a few days feels like an eternity but your family will be reunited soon! As always, you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Love to all! xoxo