Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Martha's Vineyard

I know that in everyone's life, change is constant. Everyone deals with change and most of us, at some point, fight the change to some degree. That being said, I feel for military families change is a part of our everyday lives and we have to adjust so regularly that change is the norm. But I'm finding that just because its the norm...and just because I know its coming...doesn't make it any easier. Two of our friends (and their families, of course) are moving this summer. One we knew about, but one move was a surprise, even for them. So it was even more important for the women of the group to try to steal away for a weekend and enjoy one last roo-ha before the moves. Even though I hate saying good-bye (and I'm not yet), I wouldn't change these friendships for the world.

Myself, Cheryl, Jess, Kristy & Erica. This was our first night and we were at the harbor, eating and getting ready to board the ferry to Martha's Vineyard. I had my first lobster roll....and it was amazing!!!!
The ferry...you can see by the windows we rode at sunset and it was gorgeous!
Erica at brunch!
Cheryl & I posing for Jess, our on site photographer.
At the beach on Saturday. We were so lucky...Erica's co-worker has a house on the vineyard and was able to give us the native tour. Otherwise we wouldn't have seen half the cool stuff we did or know where to eat. This was a hidden gem beach!
Jess & Erica were brave enough to walk out and climb this mossy rock! The water was freezing!
The famous gingerbread houses...us in front of one.
I felt like I needed to prove myself after the girls climbed on the rock, so I climbed a tree!
No ones going to tell us we can't have ice cream before dinner!
Jess & Kristy at dinner Saturday.
My pancakes...fresh rasberry filled. Look at that water!!!!
It was a fantastic weekend, but by Sunday afternoon I was ready to get home and see the boys!!
Photobucket

No comments: