Saturday, May 20, 2006

Home At Last

Hey Everyone! We have arrived safely and our intranet was hooked up yesterday! The first thing I did was check blogs...I have to say, I loved checking them before, but now that I am far away from more of my blogger buddies, it rocks even more. So to all you people who love to check blogs, but don't have one (umm...Lindsay, Krystal, Amanda...), get 'em started! Brian and I love the house, beyond words. It had a few minor flaws, but it is everything we hoped for. Our stuff was delivered Wed, and it has been crazy since. We were able to (mostly) finish Nolan's room that night, and have since completed the kitchen and most of our room. Next is the family room, and then of course the office/spare bedroom...have to have that ready for all the visitors. And let me just tell you...it's gorgeous here. I still cannot shake the feeling we are just on vacation. Okay, as Tammi always says, I know you are all here for the pics, so I am sorry to say, they are not all uploaded yet. Working on it! I have a ton of pics and lots of stories to share. But we are safe, and we do miss you all. We did see Tim & Tammi & the boys our first weekend here, so home felt alot closer. We also saw TJ, Beth & Bryant that same day. Bryant has grown SO much and is a doll! We went to dinner with Jake & Jamie and then went to their place for dinner another night. They have been so good to us and has been awesome catching up with them. Nolan...wow, he's already changed even since St. Louis. He's laughing alot now (especially at the dogs, who he ADORES). He is trying to crawl and his temper comes out often because he hasn't quite got it (but not from lack of trying). He also learned a fun trick from Avery...walking (assisted by Momma or Daddy). It seems almost overnight he figured it out and now its one of the sure ways to make him happy. He goes fairly fast, especially after the pups. Ok, I have put off unpacking enough. Take care and keep in touch...we love and miss you all. I'll update with pics asap.

5 comments:

momto2boys said...

yipeee.. you updated!!! :) Glad to hear all is well!!!

Unknown said...

It's good to know you are safely in Florida! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Whitney Duvall said...

Hey honey! Glad to hear you have made it to sunny Florida ok and are getting all moved in! I will check back often to see how you guys are doing

Kim and Matt said...

Welcome back!! I'm so glad to hear everything is starting to fall into place. :) We miss you!

Anonymous said...

We missed hearing about the lives of the McMenamy's. It's so good to read your stories. Can't wait to see more pictures of FL! Much love, Amanda and Ron