Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Ode To Cheyenne

See, even now, I can't quite say good-bye. What a sap I am! Well, first off, we have arrived safely to St. Louis. The trip was tiring, but actually not as bad as we thought. Cheyenner's, if you think you saw Brian and I driving around Cheyenne around lunchtime Monday, your eyes didn't decieve you...we didn't leave until after noon. I want to thank everyone who came to our going away gatherings. Friday Molly hosted a wonderful get together for the LCCC folks. It was so surreal saying goodbye and even more so hearing everyone talk about Frontier Days. Brian and I will be wearing our cowboy gear and thinking of you all. Saturday Kim and Matt hosted a going away bash for the Air Force folks. That party wasn't any easier in the good bye department. But we sure had a BLAST!!! I can't wait to post pictures once I can upload pics again. It's storming here in Missouri. And my thoughts are everywhere. In the future, in the present, in the past. I think I have been mushy enough for one week, but to all my Cheyenne friends...who are very much like family...words can't express. The place in my heart I hold you is overflowing and if I let my brain wrap around our blessings we have had with you, my emotions will get the best of me. So...we shall meet again, I have no doubt.

7 comments:

momto2boys said...

Glad that you arrived safe and sound...good job on updating it... I am giving you a few weeks lag time to get settled but then I want updates and pictures of Nolan EVERY day we miss you all :)

Anonymous said...

McMenamy's - much love from the Hubbard's. You didn't forget the dogs right? Have fun with your family in St. Louis. Can't wait to hear about all the new adventures in Florida.

PS: We'll get a blog going soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi brian and sam, Love Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Test

Anonymous said...

Sam,
Good luck with moving. If you have time while you are in da' lou, send us (AXIDs) a shout out via email and we should have a baby party with all the girls and their new bundles of joy, I think there are 6 of us so far that I can think of.

liz said...

Hey lady, so glad to hear from you. Nolan is a doll as well, you guys look like you enjoy parenthood as much as we do. The Real Estate gig is a lot of work, but I'm told it'll pay off in a big way it just takes patience. It's really nice because most the work I do is from home. Austin is only in daycare part time, which I love,
it's just enough right now. So glad to hear from you. Congrats on little Nolan, he really is just adorable. Keep in touch. If you guys are ever in the D.C/Maryland area give us a call, our door is always open to you.
410-266-5256. Be well, Liz

Unknown said...

Travel safe to Florida. I hope you enjoyed your time in St. Louis with family and friends. I can't wait to hear updates on your journey to Florida!