Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Years Eve

On New Years Eve Kathy and Dennis said they would be happy to watch Nolan so that I could have a night out with some friends. I reserved a ticket to the Pageant, a concert venue in St. Louis that Andi and Mark invited me to, along with a group of friends. We met up at Julie and Brandon's house, where they hosted a pot luck dinner. I met Julie (and Brandon, actually) when Andi was engaged and we did shower/wedding plans for Andi--it was so great to see them and their beautiful new home! The rest of the group I met that night, but it felt like we had all been friends for ages, they welcomed me right into their group and we all had a memorable and fantastic night! As an added bonus to me, I found out that day which date Brian will be home, so there was real reason to celebrate. Especially since it was our first NYE since dating that we weren't together. Apparently Nolan was an "angel" and did great! Thanks so much Kathy & Dennis, I don't think I realized how much I needed some time away until I was out, but it was very nice!
Our hosts Julie & Brandon, cooking yummy food! All the food was awesome!!!

Andi & I before we left. The girls! Me, Jen, Andi, Kayla & Julie:

Dr. Zhivegas (the band...they were awesome)!

Mark, Me, Andi, Jen, Brandon & Kayla:

I love this picture of Andi & Julie dancing (the night awaaay):

This is Ryan, Jen's hubby, posing with the AWESOME egg/sausage casserole that Julie & Brandon made for New Years morning. It was sooo good and hit the spot!!!

3 comments:

Bengela said...

We need to talk...we're going to be neighbors very soon!!!!! My hubby is going to be a squadron commander down at eglin this summer....as for me, well I don't have a job YET, but they're working that small detail :)

Kim and Matt said...

Wow! It looks like you had a great time on New Year's!! So glad to see you were able to get out. You look beautiful. :)

Sally Y said...

Looks like a great time! You look great! I've always wanted to see Dr. Zvegas or however you spell his name!