Sunday, July 06, 2008

Girls Night Out Bday Celebration

Last Friday (as in a week ago) a group of my friends took myself and Shelley out to celebrate our birthdays. The story that night went that Shelley was celebrating her "21st" birthday and of course I was celebrating my "29th." Ha! Shelley and I were kept in the dark about where we were going and the ladies did a great job at keeping it a secret...even Brian knew what was going on and didn't spill the beans. They took us to Howl at the Moon on Okaloosa Island, a dueling piano bar. It was my first time ever at a dueling piano bar and all the people over the years who have told me I would love it were so right!! You can request a song (if you include a tip) and then they play and sing the song. They also take pleasure in embarrassing helping to celebrate birthdays and whatever you go out to celebrate by bringing people on stage for various added entertainment. I had a BLAST!!! It was wonderful to get all dressed up and go out with the girls and I'm really REALLY grateful to them for planning a night out and for treating Shelley and I to lots of fun (maybe a bit TOO much fun, but it was worth it)!
We met at Shelley's for Emily's famous chocolate cake...it was still warm and the chocolate just oozes out of the cake. And as if taking us out wasn't enough, the girls spoiled us with gifts!! Notice our rings in the second picture are shot glasses?
The birthday ladies when we first arrived at Howl at the Moon:Staci, me & Shelley:Here's where we were called up on stage. We had to do the chicken dance in front of everyone! Then the pianist told us we had to go get some one from the audience that we had never met to do the chicken dance with. Hopefully Brian's not tooo jealous of my dance partner choice:A picture of our group, from L-R: Tara, Staci, Shelley, Me, Alicia & EmilyWhat a night! Thanks again girls, I can't wait to do it again!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Sam!!! You look BEAUTIFUL!!!!

The Vrabecs said...

Looks like you guys had fun, sorry I wasn't able to make it :(