Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"The Guy"

When discussing "The Guy" it should be noted that Brian and I almost always use air quotation marks because "The Guy" is what Nolan calls him. You know, "The Guy" that lives in our house. The one that seems to appear when Nolan is in trouble or not up to going to bed. Suddenly he's scared of "The Guy." I'll admit I'm not crazy about "The Guy" because for the most part, Nolan is fairly convincing. I'll ask Nolan where? And he'll say, "RIGHT THERE!" so stinkin' seriously that I'm almost afraid to turn around and look over my shoulder. Ridiculous, right? Maybe so, but it still creeps me out.

So yesterday Nolan decided it would be fun to put one of his race cars in the VCR. Boy, was he proud. And later, from what he told me, he managed to put my debit card in there, but thankfully decided that wasn't so smart and took it out and gave it back to me. I didn't even know it had gone missing until then. So, anyway, I pulled out the camera to have a chat with Nolan about how, although he thinks the car in the VCR is hilarious, it's actually very NOT funny and is naughty. While I was filming, "The Guy" comes into play. The first part of the clip is not all that exciting, but give it a minute, and you'll most likely get a chuckle out of the story Nolan weaves. I am still truly unsure if he has an imaginary friend or if he is flat out telling me a total lie thinking I'll believe it. I kind of think it's a little bit of both.

6 comments:

Kim and Matt said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA This is hilarous!! You should totally send it in to America's Funniest Home videos!!! :) What a little stinker! Hmmm...Avery hasn't started telling these stories yet...guess I'm in for a treat huh? Maybe he was trying to tell you he wanted to watch Cars the movie? Hee Hee What a silly kiddo!! Watch out for that "guy" he's pretty naughty. :)

momto2boys said...

Okay not to freak you out...but that totally freaked me out! :)

Sally Y said...

Um,yeah, I agree with Tammi! That's freaky! They always say that little kids see things we can't!

Bethalow said...

Ha Ha! Yes, I have to agree with Tammi and Sally- kid's can see things we can't. Nolan has a VERY good imagination and is so smart- and perhaps it's a little more then that too! :) Keep us posted about "The Guy."

The Kendall Family said...

freaky!!!! but cute, and clever!

Dawn said...

oh my I was cracking up... Can't wait for that stage!