Saturday, August 16, 2008

Brian's Work Party

Last Saturday we were invited to one of Brian's new co-workers house in Bluewater Bay for a get together. Wally, the host, will be deploying in a few days and they wanted to get some friends together before he left. I will admit, I wasn't that excited to go initially only because (as I said earlier) I had pulled a muscle in my neck and could hardly move it. I was just picturing chasing Nolan around this house, trying to keep him from breaking their nice things, and just being frazzled, as can often be the case when we go to someones house whose kids are older. However, when we got there, Tiffany (Wally's wife), immediately showed Nolan and I to Nolan's dream room their playroom. It had every car, truck, vehicle, race track and toy under the sun. They also had a pool that Nolan eventually discovered when he momentarily left the playroom. Brian had volunteered to take him swimming, so they swam for a bit before dinner. After dinner, the oldest daughter, Alex, told me she'd watch Nolan inside so I could join the adults outside. That was when I informed her parents that we were taking her home with us (but her mom said "no way, she's too much of a help!"). So Brian and I have decided to adopt an 11 year old girl. Anyone know a good candidate? Needless to say we had a great evening getting to know Brian's co-workers and spouses. Most of them live here in Crestview, so that's a bonus! And Nolan obviously had a blast and asked for days if we could go back to Alex's house.
This is Wally & Brian. I didn't get many pics of other adults because they all thought I was a weirdo to have my camera out ready to go. I couldn't tell them I had a blog just yet, we'd scare them away forever.

The playroom:

Nolan riding the world's largest duck:

The kids eating dessert:

Brian playing the guitar on the X-BOX. I think. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Wii.

No comments: