Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of Preschool

Dear Nolan, All week you have asked me, "Are we going to school today?" You have been so excited about going, it's been hard for me to not be excited, too. You woke up extra early this morning, almost as if you knew. I know that you will have many more "firsts" and that your 2-year old room at Preschool isn't exactly the big guns, but I couldn't help having the fullest heart as I watched you scramble to go inside and get to the playground. I had to remind you to give me a hug and kiss. And then I was just supposed to leave. I took on the appearance that I was chatting with your teacher, Miss Marlow, but what I really did was watch you run around and up and down the slides and tunnels, with a smile spread wide across your face. You even got to the top of one and yelled, "HI MOMMA!" I love that you aren't quite at the age where you're ready to kick me out the door or get embarrassed by my picture taking. I'll admit, the house was not the same without you today and I found myself watching the clock until I could go pick you up and hear about your day. Miss Marlow said you did "awesome" and that you were cheerful and played alot. I'm not so sure you napped, because you were tuckered out and we did something we've never done and stole a "rest" in my room, mostly because I just couldn't resist cuddling with you. You're growing up too fast, little man, and I'm just so blessed to be your mommy. On the way to school today you looked at me and said, "You make me so happy." I almost turned around and didn't take you to school because how could I possibly bear to share that sweetness? But, how could I not share it? My darling Nolan, you make me so happy. So happy. Every single day. I love you so much and I'm so proud of you! Love, Momma Before we left: In front of school (literally dancing you are SOOOO EXCITED):You & me, kiddo:

6 comments:

momto2boys said...

What an exciting milestone!!!! :) Congrats Nolan and Mommy!

Rumour Miller said...

How awesome... thank you for sharing his sweetness with us :o)

Becky said...

Oh that made me teary eyed!!! What a sweet boy!!!

Keelee said...

I am so proud of both of you!

Anonymous said...

Wow What an excited little boy! Wish we could be there for all these new accomplishments Love Gramma and PawPaw

Genest Family said...

I'm glad to hear he had a great day! It's such an amazing school ~ you guys will have a great year! Enjoy!