Wednesday, August 20, 2008

SERIOUSLY???

You know that feeling when you are trying to get out the door to get to the grocery store with a two year old? List? Check. Snacks? Check? Sippy Cup? Check? Sanity? Out the door ages ago! And then, you happen to look down at the carpet and you see this? Purple marker, drawn in various lines all over our carpet (that I just had professionally cleaned a couple months ago). This wasn't an accident. My face must have been the first thing that made Nolan realize how mad I was. I immediately put him in time out where he could watch me clean up the mess. He didn't argue or cry, just sat there, pretty much scared out of his pants...probably because I was SOOOO calm. I think he knew what he was doing was bad when he did it, but just didn't realize HOW bad it was. Oh, I was FURIOUS!!! I knew when it started coming out of the carpet easily (thank God for washable markers) that it would be humorous later, but I didn't let on to him. He sat in timeout the entire time I cleaned up, silent except for a few intermittent, "I reawy sorry!" I won't lie, he became adorable, but I held my ground and after I finished cleaning up had a talk about how we NEVER color on the floor. EVER. Good times, I tell you, good times!! Here he is in timeout (right before I let him out). How sad...but he's sure living up to what his shirt says!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw poor little sad boy! Gramma will give you a hug!